4 Content Writing Tips and Tricks from My Experience







I have been writing since 2012 and got into content writing in 2019, while I was at college studying for my degree in Psychology. As a child, I loved reading books and thinking about the different characters and places in books. My interest in creative writing, which involves writing stories, poems and scripts got me into content writing. I started working as a content writer (part-time) and a copywriter (part-time). I also worked and continue to offer content writing services on Fiverr. Here are some of the tips and tricks I learned from my content writing journey.


Allocate Time To Write Every Day

Learning to write is like learning to play an instrument. It takes practice. The best way to actually get good at it is to start doing it.  While watching tutorials and taking online classes are important steps towards mastering the art of content writing, it is important to put what you learned to practice. Making writing a habit will help you improve as a writer and become a better writer. Have a time that you do nothing but write. Put aside your phone or tablet and start typing!

Read Blogs and Articles Online

A simple google search for ‘the best articles online’ or ‘the best blogs online’ will help you discover well-written content that you can read to get inspired and learn from while reading them. Make time to read something everyday. It is commonly agreed among writers of all kinds (fiction, non-fiction, bloggers and other content creators), that the more we spend time reading the better we get at writing.

Edit Your Writing Meticulously 

I know how it feels to edit. Trust me, I’m not a big fan of it either. But if you want to make your writing shine, editing is the way to go about it! You need to take time to read through your writing and find mistakes as well as ways to make an already written piece better. 

Have a Blog of Your Own

Starting your own blog will help you to become better at writing. It will also help you to develop as a writer and maintain consistency in your writing routine. There are many free blogging platforms available online such as Wix, Blogger and Wordpress.org. Just get started. Don’t worry about being judged or criticized. There is a reason why there are more critiques than doers in this world!


If you have no time to work on your blog or write your stories, poems and scripts, please feel free to reach out to me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/drcarmel







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to become a writer

What I learned as a 24 year old

Top 4 Trends in Digital Marketing in Sri Lanka